News and Events
- New workshops are ready for registration! Learn to ecoprint on silk, weave baskets, or take the best photos with your cell phone. Workshops will be conducted outside or online to maximize the safety of both participants and instructors.
- The Highland Arts Council believes that the arts are essential to our community ... Shamrock and Stephenson Realty has provided the use of a window in the old Highland Craft Shop on Main Street in Monterey to create a series of displays as a way to share art with the community.
- As a classically trained musician and the first graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University’s Department of Music to earn a degree in performance with the banjo, John Bullard has established a critically praised performing and recording career dedicated to exploring the artistic marriage of banjo and classical music.
- Tyler Hughes hails from Big Stone Gap, Virginia, where he began learning the traditions of mountain music at age 12. A singer and multi instrumentalist (clawhammer banjo, autoharp, guitar, dulcimer), Tyler brings new life to country music’s old time and classic repertoire.
- The Highland County Arts Council is urging all to take care so that the quarantine can work to limit the number of cases and ultimately release us from the quarantine. To that end, the Arts Council has made some difficult choices as it faces the future ... read on.
- Updates on programs, events and other happenings in Highland County.
- The Highland County Arts Council received its third grant from the Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge. The Grant is another investment the Foundation makes in the quality of life in Highland County.